Friday, March 19, 2010

Dear Baby,

Dear Baby,

I'm just lying here on the sofa, feeling you kick and squirm in my belly, and thinking about how I could not have asked for a better birthday. Yup, today's my 25th birthday. What an amazing birthday gift, to be 30 weeks pregnant with a healthy, strong (very strong - you kicked me so hard last night that it took my breath away!) baby. I can't believe in ten short weeks your daddy and I will meet you!

I've been listening to this song over and over again, thinking of you:

Don't know much about you
Don't know who you are
We've been doing fine without you
But we could only go so far
Don't know why you chose us
Were you watching from above?
Is there someone there that knows us
Said we'd give you all our love

Will you laugh just like your mother
Will you sigh like your old man
Will some things skip a generation
Like I've heard they often can
Are you a poet or a dancer
A devil or a clown
Or a strange new combination of
The things we've handed down

I wonder who you'll look like
Will your hair fall down and curl
Will you be a mama's boy
Or daddy's little girl?

I look at random babies and children on the street and wonder if you'll look like them. I see personality traits in my students and wonder what your personality will be. I think about the special talents and gifts you will bring to the world. My son, your daddy and I can't wait to meet you and get to know you! I promise I will sing you this song when I rock you to sleep and I will always remember how blessed we are that we were chosen to be your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...