Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Ode to My Feet



Feet, I am not sure if I will ever see you again. And if I do, I'm not sure you will ever look the same! You used to be beautiful. You used to be graceful shape, with a nice arch, even-sized toes, and (mostly) clean toenails... But I am sorry to inform you that your reign of beauty is over. You are now swollen and red (from being stuffed into too-small shoes). Instead of your feet beauty ending in slender ankles, you now end in fat, puffy, swollen cankles. And since I cannot even SEE my feet, I don't have a prayer of getting anywhere near you to perform daily maintence.

Maybe I should ask for another pedicure for my birthday next week. But I may be too embarressed to bare these puppies in all their misery for a stranger to massage, clean, and beautify. At least I'm pregnant in the winter, when I can hide my cankles and unshaved legs underneath long pants and thick socks!

Two and half short months until my due date. Until then, dear feet, I bid you adieu, and trust that my wonderful husband will continue to massage and pamper you until the day arrives when we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...