Friday, March 19, 2010

What?! Another baby sewing project?!

Now, are you really surprised? My "make for baby" to-do list is slowly getting and shorter and I'm loving sewing away for this little guy.
Since I've finally finished washing and sorting and putting away all Baby Boy's clothes, I decided I really needed some way to keep track of his stuff hanging up. I have no idea how fast he'll grow, and since our storage unit is 75 miles away (not exactly convenient), I wanted some stuff out in every size. I've seen some hanger separaters thingys in stores, but they are expensive and the sizes are too general, so I made my own!



Then I decided Baby needed some toys - here's what I came up with:






They have adorable little bells in them, so they jingle! The whole time I sewing them, I was picturing Baby Boy chewing on them...and the whole time I was sewing them, the dogs were eyeing them jealously! Poor pups... it's just too much work to make something they'll destroy in 2.3 seconds!

And a quilt that I've been dying to make for months is all pieced and ready to go - just need to get more minky for the backing, so I'll post pics when it's done.

You can never have enough burp cloths... I've been around enough babies to know how much body fluids seep out of every possible orifice of their bodies. So I've made a ton of adorable burp cloths (and when I say a ton, I really mean A TON!):


Here's what my spool of brown thread looked like when I was all done - told you to get stock in brown thread!!

And last but not least, I made something completely un-baby-related! GASP! Yup, been planning on making these produce bags for a while and finally got around to it - I am really into using reusuable grocery bags, but what to do about those plastic bags to put produce in? I just used white netting (white so the stickers on the fruit are visible for the cashier) and voila! So incredibly easy.And look what came in the mail! A couple weeks ago I found a freebie coupon for free return address labels - all I paid was $3.40 shipping for 280 labels! And look how cute they are!! Perfect for baby announcements and thank-you's (did you really expect any other colors beside blue and brown?)! Things for Baby are starting to come together! The countdown is on...ten weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...