Friday, August 20, 2010

Bittersweet...yet oh so sweet

The best and worst part of parenting is the same: the baby grows up.


This, of course, is my goal as a parent.  To raise a child to adulthood that is happy and healthy.  Obviously, it would break my heart in a million different ways if Cole stayed a baby forever.


But, just a teeny tiny part of me longs for this.  To keep him my sweet little angel baby forever.  To snuggle in his sweet-smelling hair as his head bobs uncontrollably.  To savor his gummy little smiles.  To listen to his coos.  To protect him from every one of life's ailments that will plague him as he grows older.


Right now, I can keep him safe and happy.  Right now, he depends on me solely for his life and welfare.  Right now, I couldn't love him any more than I do.

I am so full of joy every day that I see him growing and learning, with each new milestone...but it breaks my heart, just a teeny bit, that I'm losing my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...