Sunday, August 1, 2010

A little help, please

I am one of those people that always strives for organization.

Notice the word STRIVES.

That would mean that I usually am NOT organized.

But every time we move, I swear that I will start from scratch.  No more throwing stuff in random places.  This time, we will be ORGANIZED, darn it.

(Of course, it would help if the handsome one was a wee bit more on board with the whole keeping-the-house-neat-and-organized-which-means-putting-one's-clothes-in-the-hamper-and-not-on-the-floor thing, but whatever).

But, we have a problem.  One that is keeping me up at night. 

How to organize our electronic gadgets.

Does anyone else have this problem? I mean, gadgets are great.  We've got digital cameras, GPS, ipods, cellphones, bluetooths, etc... and each has multiple wires and stuff.  Charging cords, cords to connect to the computer, car chargers, splitters, headphones... and they all get mixed up and lost and then Chris is yelling to me "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE CHARGER IS TO THE IPOD" and I'm all big heavy sighing and yelling back "NO WHERE DID YOU PUT IT?" and we are all frustrated.

So, any ideas on how to keep everything separated and yet in one place?  I've thought about an over-the-door clear shoe holder thingamajig (clear over-the-door shoe holders are my answer to everything), but I was really hoping for a more Martha Stewart type look. 

Thanks for any and all suggestions to my big problem of the day!

2 comments:

  1. Totally with you on this one...along with the hubs and the whole, "keeping-the-house-neat-and-organized-which-means-putting-one's-clothes-in-the-hamper-and-not-on-the-floor thing" :)

    For the organization of the cords, I saw something a while ago. I googled the idea and here's something similar: http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/storage-solutions-craft-projects-0108-3

    For sure, I definitely need to do this! I had to put pink duct tape on my charger just so I knew it was mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stu organizes all our electronic stuff, so we have it all wound up with color-coded zip ties, and organized in various sizes of clear rubbermaid containers that are labeled (i.e. console attachments, laptop accessories, etc.). It seems to work pretty well for the most part, although I'm not sure how pretty all of it is. Most of the containers are small enough to fit in the drawers next to his computer (shoebox size).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...