Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pennsylvania Post Part 3

We spent the Fourth of July in downtown Philadelphia, with just us and my parents.  It was amazing seeing all the history on such a historical day! 
I could have taken photos of the buildings in Philly all day long!  I just love the history that is all over the place back East.
Mom and Dad in Washington Square:
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:
It reads: "Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."
"Beneath this stone rests a soldier rests a soldier of Washington's army who died to give you liberty."
Independence Hall:
I love the historical buildings right in front of the super-modern buildings:
The front of Independence Hall.  It was super crowded because the Fourth of July Parade went on right in front, with speakers.
And here's my little patriot on the fourth.  Isn't his outfit adorable? He was such a trooper - it was so hot traipsing around town, but he did awesome and just hung out in his stroller, watching and taking in everything.
Our little family in front of the Liberty Bell:
See what I mean? What an angel baby!  And can you believe how little he looks?  That was only a month ago!  He's grown so much!
This was Betsy Ross' house - super cool!
We had such an awesome time and it was especially cool to see all the history that I've been reading about for years!  But I have to admit, my favorite part was seeing strangers' admiring glances and compliments about my sweet little boy - I'm such a proud mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...